segunda-feira, 19 de abril de 2010
THE BEATLES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DIARY 1964 - 6 CDs + 2 MIRROR SPOCK DVDs IN GORGEOUS SLIPCASE BOX & BOOKLETS
THE BEATLES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DIARY 1964 - 6 CDs + 2 MIRROR SPOCK DVDs IN GORGEOUS SLIPCASE BOX & BOOKLETS -
Remember that American our BOX from 1966 from Lazy Tortoise? So, Lazy Tortoise decided to released the rest of the material they had, simply everything from the 1964 tour in prestine quality!
This BOX also includes the lost Seattle & Vancouver (USA) complete shows! Plus, the Ed Sullivan show in real stereo remastered by Mirror Spock and the A Hard Day's Night movie in its full lengh and all full picture remastered in by Mirror Spock in glorious crisp total full image and mono sound with no chopping off (The Miramax DVD chopped off the Top and Bottom and the MPI one chopped off the sides).
DISC ONE -
The World Today
Driving to Ed Sullivan
WMCA Promos and much more!
DISC TWO -
Ed Sullivan show 1º taping
Ed Sullivan show 1º live broadcast
Plaza Hotel interview
Ed Rudy interview, Mal Evans interview
DISC THREE -
Washington Colliseum concert
British Embassy interview
Murray the ''K'' complete
DISC FOUR -
Train ride to New York
WQAM radio interview
Ed Sullivan rehearsals
Ed Sullivan Live broadcast
Lee Alan interview
Deauville Hotel Miami
Ringo at Kennedy Airport
DISC FIVE -
5 Press Conference
7 Twist and Shout
8 You Can't Do That
9 All My Loving
10 She Loves You
11 Things We Said Today
12 Roll Over Beethoven
13 Can't Buy Me Love
14 If I Fell
15 I Want To Hold Your Hand
17 A Hard Day's Night
18 Long Tall Sally
25 Press Conference (Part 1)
DISC SIX -
1 Press Conference (Part 2)
2 Press Conference (Part 2)
3 Press Conference (Part 2)
4 Press Conference (Part 2)
6 Twist and Shout
7 You Can't Do That
8 All My Loving
9 She Loves You
10Things We Said Today
11 Roll Over Beethoven
12 "Sit Down Now"
13 Can't Buy Me Love
14 If I Fell
16 Derek Taylor Admonishes The Crowd
17 A Hard Day's Night
18 Long Tall Sally
19 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
20 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
21 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
22 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
23 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
24 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
25 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
26 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
27 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
28 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
29 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
30 Radio Feed (with Commentary)
A Technical Note from the makers of this SET (Lazy Tortoise and Darthdisc):
The Vancouver bootleg has long been one of my favorites, not because the concert itself was especially good - it wasn't, and the audience's zeal led the group to curtail its set. Still, the boot of the August 22, 1964 Vancouver show offered something that straight concert recordings don't: A view of a Beatles appearance from several perspectives. In addition to the concert, recorded by a local radio station and played straight, there is a second version of the concert with descriptive commentary from one of the station's reporters. And in addition to the pre-show press conference, there is a lengthy and amusing segment recorded in the press room as the press awaited the group.
This CD edition was made from the tape that had been the source of the original LP set. But there are some differences. The original bootleggers had dome some minor re-ordering in the pressroom section. Rather than duplicate their edits, I let the tape play as it is. It was also necessary to correct some serious volume fluctuation on one channel during the concert. The easiest solution would have been to simply use the other channel (it's a mono tape after all), but for various technical and philosophical reasons I didn't want to do that.
Instead, with the magic of computer technology - and working at times almost frame by frame -
I restored the levels on the faulty channel. In the interests of full disclosure, I admit to one touch of cosmetic fakery. On the tape - as on the LP - there is a one-syllable dropout in "Things We Said Today." It occurs at the end of the phrase "And that's enough," the second time McCartney sings it. The choice was to let the dropout stand, or fix it by dropping in a copy of the syllable ("nough") from McCartney's first pass at it. I chose the latter. The edit did not disturb any of the existing material.
Because the original double LP was too long to fit on a single CD, I gathered the available recordings from the Beatles' visit to Seattle the previous day, August 21 - Airport interviews, the press conference, and the complete concert (the last three songs of which were missing from the Spank edition).
Unlike the Vancouver radio recording, the Seattle concert is an audience tape and decidedly MID-FI. Still, the addition of this material gives us a documentary of two days in the group's 1964 North American Tour - the days, in fact, that led up to the Hollywood Bowl performance on August 23rd, which was also recorded.
DVD ONE - THE ED SULLIVAN SHOWS REMASTERED BY MIRROR SPOCK IN STEREO FOR THE FIRST TIME! PLEASE READ -
I did always think the legit DVD’s looked fuzzy and not clear for something that was supposed to come from the master video tapes. It always disappointed me. As soon as you start viewing Mirror Spock’s—-the jump in clarity stunned me! Mirror Spock had access to the actual video masters and the legit DVDs now look as if they are old bootleg VHS quality. Sections where there was smear and ghostliness are basically cleaned up. The contrast from camera shot to camera shot is now consistant and scratches and distortions are fixed so that stretched aspect ratios are adjusted. In those cases you have what seems to be a smaller image on the screen with slight black lines on edges. But that’s ok as those shots are now normal ratio. Mirror Spock did cut out the supporting acts and commercials and only Beatles content is left intact; some crossfades are needed to help with the transitions. I can live without the supporting acts and commercials as I have those on the legit DVDs. What’s great about this is that it’s just the Beatles performances. They look clearer and cleaner than anything I’ve ever viewed before from these shows, and the sound is improved and just as good remastered in mono as well as in Mirror Spock stereo.
Definitely search this one out. You won’t be disappointed and you will find it (like I do) to be an essential addition to your Beatles bootleg DVD collection and the one Ed Sullivan DVD you'll ever
need to enjoy those classic performances!"
DVD TWO - A HARD DAY'S NIGHT REMASTERED BY MIRROR SPOCK - Just one thing really strikes me about this DVD, it is that it took MIRROR SPOCK 1 year in the making, really, read the reviews, 1 frigging year.... and it shows...... plus the Miramax official DVD chopped off the top and bottom of the picture and the MPI DVD chopped off both sides, but now you have it for the first time IN FULL SCREEN TOTALITY & ENHANCED FULLY RESTORED LENGH MOVIE, PLUS THE CORRECTED ''YOU CAN'T DO THAT'' BONUS TRACK!
PLEASE READ -
1. Sources • The video sources are the MPI DVD & The Miramax DVD. The main video source had to be the MPI DVD for technical reasons, with additional (the 2 sides) parts of the video from the Miramax DVD which were lacking in the MPI video. The audio source was from the
Miramax DVD, but went from mono to some bastardized stereo for the songs, they had to be restored to true mono. The songs were also EQ’ed for better sound. The 1982 re-release prologue to the film with ‘’I’ll Cry Instead’’ at the beginning has been restored, using the
true mono mix of that song. Although it wasn’t part of the original film, it’s a good piece of video and that song was recorded for that film
but ot used.
2. Union of Sources • The original aspect ratio of the film is British Academy ratio, which is 1.37:1 DVDs standards are 1.33:1 (fullscreen) & 16:9 (widescreen). So the full screen MPI video chops off some of the two sides of the picture, and the widecreesn Miramax DVD chops off the top and bottom of the picture. A union of these two sources was created, restoring the top, bottom and the two sides yielding the fullest picture yet on DVD. This leaves just four black rectangles in the four corners of the picture that have no picture from either DVD source. When played on a tellevision, the overscan wil chop off the four sides o the picture anyway, so to see the whole, you have to play it on a computer monitor, or maybe a good TV.
3. Song speed Corrected • The slow songs in the movie (’’If I Felt’’, ‘’And I Love Her’’, ‘’I’m Happy Just To Dance With You’’ and all of the concert songs at the end) were speeded up to match the speed of the rest of the songs that were not slowed down. The slow
songs were slowed down for purely technical, not artistic, reasons, so it is not second guessing any artistic integrity of the original to speed them up when this now has become technically feasible. The original film was shot at 24 frames per second, and NTSC DVD requires 29.97 frames per second, so this provided the opportunity to speed up the video witout dropping any actual film frames.
4. Outtake Restoration • ‘’You Can’t Do That’’; It has been de-interlaced, and the original film frames recovered about as well as possible. Some resulting frames are still some blend of two frames, but it’s still a lot better than it was in the source.
5. Video Enhancing • The video was enhanced in a way that brings out details that are otherwise buried in the video, specially in shadows
Arquivo do blog
- THE BEATLES - TUBE CUT AUDIOPHILE MINI LPs ONTO CD...
- THE BEATLES ROCK BAND ORIGINAL MASTERS VOL. 1, 2, ...
- GEORGE HARRISON AUDIOPHILE MINI LPs
- THE BEATLES LOVEOLOGY - THE MULTITRAX - 10 MINI LP...
- THE BEATLES HOME DEMOS 7-CD-SET+DVD
- THE BEATLES POLL WINNER'S 1964, 65, 66
- THE ''LET IT BE'' MOVIE WITH 100% OF ITS IMAGE WIT...
- THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR SESSIONS RECONSTR...
- SGT.PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND SESSIONS RECO...
- JOHN LENNON - SOLITUDE-4-CD-SET
- THE BEATLES - SEASON OF THE WITCH - 6-CD/DVD-BOX+1...
- JOHN LENNON MILKY FANTASY-8-CD-SET+BOOKLET+A HEART...
- TUG OF LIFE - 10-CD-BOX WITH AUDIOPHILE CD AND 3 D...
- WHITE ALBUM MULTITRAX - 8-CD-SET-BOX IN SLIPCASE
- ABBEY ROAD MULTITRAX 6-CD-SET-BOX IN SLIPCASE
- RINGO STARR LIVERPOOL 8 CHRONICLES VOL. 2
- GEORGE HARRISON ARCHIVES 6 MINI LPs DVDs+3CDs+POST...
- GIVE MY REGARDS TO BROAD STREET COMPLETE MINI LP E...
- REVOLVER MULTITRAX RECONSTRUCTED - 4-CD-SET+32-PAG...
- RUBBER SOUL MULTITRAX RECONSTRUCTED - 4-CD-SET + b...
- RINGO STARR MULTITRAX REEL TO REEL - 6 CD-SLIPCASE...
- RINGO VERTICAL ALTERNATE MAN - 4-CD-BOX+FOLDING BO...
- LIVE BEFORE AMERICA 3-CDs+1-DVD+1-DOUBLE-POSTER-BO...
- JOHN LENNON - THE BALLAD OF JOHN & YOKO - 2-CDs+2-...
- THE BEATLES HEY JUDE ALTERNATIVE VIDEO LP - 3-DVDs...
- THE BEATLES A HARD DAY'S KNIGHT - 3-CDs+1-DVD+1-BO...
- THE BEATLES - WITH THE BEATLES ALTERNATES - 3-CD+D...
- THE BEATLES DOWNUNDER AUSTRALIAN/NEW ZEALAND TOUR ...
- RINGO STARR - LIVERPOOL CHRONICLES - 3-DVD-SET+ PO...
- THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 2002 DVD/LASER DISC REMIXE...
- GEORGE HARRISON - ALL THINGS MUST PASS MULTITRAX -...
- PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - WINGSPAN YEARS & MORE - M...
- THE BEATLES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DIARY 1964 - 6 CDs...
- THE BEATLES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DIARY 1965
- ABBEY ROAD ALTERNATES 4 CDs + Double sided poster
- THE BEATLES HELP! ALTERNATE - 4 CDs + FAB DOUBLE S...
- THE BEATLES ALTERNATE BEATLES FOR SALE - 3 CDs + 1...
- LET IT BE ALTERNATE THE GET BACK CHRONICLES
- THE BEATLES THE BIRTH OF APPLE - 2-CD-SET + BOOKLE...
- LIVE AT STAR CLUB 1962 COMPLETE - 4-CD-SET + FOLDE...
- WINGS - WINGS GREATEST 12-MINI LP BOX
- PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - 4 CD/DVD BOX
- PLEASE PLEASE ME ALTERNATE - 3 CD/DVD SET with 16-...
- THE BEATLES - STRONG BEFORE OUR BIRTH - 4-CD/DVD B...
- RINGO STARR - A STARR IS BORN - 4-CD-SET 2 Cs + 2 ...
- JOHN LENNON BETWEEN THE LINES - 11-MINI LP - BOX ...
- NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DIARY 1966 - 7-CD-BOX - 6 CDs ...
- WHITE ALBUM COMPLETE SESSIONS - 15-MINI LP-BOX - 1...
- GEORGE HARRISON - SELL, SELL, SELL - 2-CD-SET
- MAGICAL MYSTERY YEAR - 4-CD-SET+2-SIDED POSTER con...
- THE BEATLES YESTERDAY & TODAY IN THE UK - 3 CDs + ...
- THE BEATLES RUBBER SOUL DELUXE ALTERNATE - 3 CDs +...
- THE BEATLES IN GERMAN 1966 THE BLITZ TOURNEE COMPL...
- THE BEATLES - SGT.PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND ...
- TRAVELING WILBURYS COLLECTION - 4 CDs + 1 DVD + 1 ...
- THE BEATLES - YESTERDAY & TODAY IN THE FAR EAST -2...
- RINGO STARR CAVEMAN CHRONICLES - 2 CDs + 2 PICTURE...
- JOHN LENNON - COME ON, LISTEN TO ME - 2 CDs +1 DVD...
- JOHN LENNON - REMEMBER NEW YORK CITY - 2 CDs+1DVD+...
- JOHN LENNON IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT... TO REMEMBER J...
- WHITE ALBUM DMM (DIRECT METAL MASTER) TRUE STEREO ...
- ABBEY ROAD ERA - 3 CDs + 1 PICTURE DVD + 1 BOOK + ...
- TURN LEFT AT GREENLAND - THE WHOLE AMERICA INVASIO...
- A HARD DAY'S NIGHT MPI MIXES - 3 CDs + 1 DVD + 1 B...
- EMPIRE THEATER LONDON, DECEMBER, 07 1963 - 3 CDs +...
- THE BEATLES IN PARIS COMPLETE CITY OF LIGHT & PALA...
- THE BEATLES VIDEO 1 - 1 CD + 2 PICTURE DVDs + 1 WO...
- THE BEATLES - EVERY LITTLE THING - 8-CD-SET-BOX
- ▼ Abril (68)